Regular rug care is of utmost importance. The following will help you to maintain and understand your rug to prolong its durability.
Know your Rug
To properly take care of a rug is to know your rug. All of our area rugs come in different forms depending on variations of size, colour, and material. For example, hand-made rugs are typically made of wool or silk while machine-made rugs consist of polyester fibres. Becoming familiar with your rug and its condition will further help in taking care of it.
KB Rugs uses the highest quality materials in every product. While considering different materials, it is important to recognize their properties and their effects on cleaning. Our area rugs are broken into two categories: natural fiber and synthetic fiber. Natural fibers are used in handmade rugs such as wool, silk, or cotton and are known for their eco-friendly nature and durability. Synthetic fiber rugs are typically machine-made and are valued for their colour resistance. Here is a list of cleaning guidelines for each material type:
- If contact with any spill/stain occurs clean immediately.
- With a dry cloth or white paper towel, blot the stain. Rubbing will only spread the stain further and make it difficult to clean.
- Mix a cup of cold water with a small amount of dish soap. Using a clean sponge and soap mix, apply to the remainder of the stain. Gently remove and with a dry towel, blot the area as much as possible.
- Avoid excess heat as that can result in more staining or bleeding. Kb Rugs recommends having your rug cleaned by a professional annually.
Synthetic Fiber Rugs (Nylon | Polypropylene |Polyester)
- Blot out the stain with a dry cotton towel or white paper towel as soon as they occur.
- Nylon rugs are known for their resistance to staining. If in contact with a stain, mix a cup of cold water and a small amount of dish soap. With a clean sponge and soap mix, remove the stain. Allow the area to dry.
- Polyester fibres are quick drying. Vacuum regularly to remove dirt or stains.
Polypropylene rugs are lightweight and highly resistant. Rug/carpet cleaners are safe on synthetic fibres